Title: Corporate Senior Accountant
Reports to: Director, Corporate Accounting
This position will be primarily responsible for effectively operating the fixed asset process within the Peoplesoft Asset Management (AM) system. This position will also assist with the monthly corporate accounting close process which includes, but is not limited to, assigned monthly accruals, ownership of various balance sheet accounts, preparation of reconciliations and journal entries, etc. Additional assignments will include assisting with the annual audit, development and improvement of accounting policies and procedures as necessary, along with other special projects as needed.
Peoplesoft Asset Management (Fixed Assets):
* Manages independently all facets of the asset management process including, but not limited to:
* Records monthly asset additions, disposals, and transfers.
* Works closely with other departments including Design and Development to manage construction in progress account for special projects, new restaurants and remodels to ensure assets are capitalized properly.
* Manages the AM period close and year end process.
* Manages both the corporate and federal tax books within the AM system.
* Ensures the timely generation and accuracy of reports sent to third party tax consultants.
* Identifies and implement regulatory changes to the AM system, testing and reviewing system changes as necessary.
* Addresses miscellaneous fixed asset requirements throughout the month.
* Manages periodic reconciliations of fixed asset accounts and troubleshoots any related issues.
* Performs a monthly roll forward of all fixed asset categories, and updates a monthly additions report by fixed asset type, reconciling between the two schedules.
* Accurately codes capital invoices to be entered into the Peoplesoft system, addressing useful lives, company capitalization policy, project codes, etc.
* Prepares monthly fixed asset reports to be distributed to management.
* With assistance from the Director of Corporate Accounting, creates and manages a process for performing a periodic inventory of fixed assets.
* Performs assigned tasks related to the corporate accounting close process, including, but not limited to:
* Monitors, adjusts, and reconciles assigned monthly accruals, ensuring methodologies are reasonable and can be supported.
* Monitors, adjusts, and reconciles additional balance sheet accounts as assigned.
* Records monthly journal entries as necessary to support assigned accounts.
* Assists the accounting manager, as necessary, with the property and sales tax review and filing process to support information needed from our third party processors.
* Improves existing accounting policies and procedures and implements new policies and procedures as necessary.
* Cross-trains with additional members of the corporate accounting team in order to support other processes within the corporate accounting department.
* Manages compliance with accounting regulations in the day to day operations of corporate accounting
* Coordinates and assists with special projects, as needed.
* Takes direction and works independently.
* Works additional hours as necessary.
* Duties and responsibilities may evolve over time.
* Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Execution Excellence & Reliability
Financial & Business Acumen
Teamwork & Collaboration
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Required Education and Experience
* Undergraduate degree in accounting.
* 3-5 years accounting experience.
* Fixed asset sub-ledger management.
* Experience performing balance sheet account reconciliations.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
* Experience working with ERP applications.
* Knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Experience in Multiunit retail / restaurant industry.
* PeopleSoft Asset Management experience.
* Strong systems experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Boston Market Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status.