JOB DESCRIPTION: Assists media specialist by maintaining media equipment, resource room, performing clerical tasks and/or preparing instructional materials and by working with small groups. Works under the direction of a licensed staff member. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Performs basic clerical duties such as typing, stapling, filing, duplicating, and taking inventory as required.
2. Provides support for academic curriculum including material preparation, media center displays, bulletin boards, charts, and other visual aids.
3. Works with small groups of students to reinforce instruction in computers, research and reports.
4. Schedules media equipment usage, repair, inventory, maintenance, and ordering of supplies.
5. Maintains media center books/periodicals/materials/database collections, including taking inventory, checking-out/in media materials, overdue notices, book orders, book repairs, interlibrary loan requests, vertical file materials and other circulation desk responsibilities as assigned.
6. Assists in supervision of students and parent volunteers in media center.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. EXPERIENCE: Less than 1 year JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Candidate must have ONE of the following: At least 48 hours of college credit, passing scores on the ParaPro test, passing scores on the WorkKeys test, or 48 hours of CCSD ERO credit. Candidate selected for hire must provide documentation to Human Resources.
2. Ability to work one-on-one or in small groups with students
3. Clerical skills
4. General office equipment OTHER INFO: Candidate hired for this position will also be hired for the Technician- Library posting for 4.2 hours per day.
Candidate selected for hire must provide proof of Title I Qualified status to Human Resources:
At least 48 hours of college credit = Copy of Transcripts (unofficial is OK)
ParaPro Test = Copy of passing scores
WorkKeys Test = Copy of passing scores
At Least 48 hours of CCSD ERO credit = Copy of documentation showing credits earned (for transfer candidates only)
Associated topics: air conditioning, farm, librarian, machine, medical billing, programming, repair, technical education, weld, vocational technical education