At The Medical Center of Aurora, our team of behavioral health specialists is dedicated to working with patients throughout their entire behavioral health treatment and beyond.
Using cognitive, evidence-based therapies heavily influenced by Marsha M. Linehan's dialectical behavior therapy techniques, we offer behavioral health treatments designed for yours or a loved one's success.
Our holistic approach to care means that we treat the whole person, and we recognize the importance of emotional, physical, and medical issues.
Click here to learnmore about behavioral health at Medical Center of Aurora
Click here to watch our video!
* Ensure a safe and effectiveenvironment for psychiatric patients.
* Performs assigned tasks and activitiesaccording to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the Charge Nurse,Nurse Manager, and Lead BHT.
* A basic understanding of the behaviors ofthe psychiatric patient and an ability to interact in a therapeuticmanner.
* Function asa member of the treatment team and accept responsibilities for specificallyassigned duties such as patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation,management of the milieu, assisting with behavior modification programs andcare of patient's daily activities and needs.
* Will provide goal andwrap up groups daily.
* routine vital sign checks, orientthe patient to the unit and search and catalog patient belongings.
* Demonstrates knowledge of regulatorylaws as it relates to the care of the mentally ill.
* CPI certification within 1month of hire and re-certification every 1 years thereafter
Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, orCounseling or/or Lead Position or equivalent experience preferred.
One year of inpatient behavioral health preferred.
* Ability tocommunicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and otherhealthcare team members.
* Ability to workwith others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Ability to maintain healthy personal boundaries,protecting the therapeutic integrity of the counselor-patient relationship.
Degree of Supervision Required:
* Involvesgeneral guidance and direction by the charge nurse and nurse manager.
* Employee will be expected toperform most job duties independently and in accordance with establisheddepartmental and hospital policies and procedures
Associated topics: adult, clinical, counselor, insights, lmsw, mental, npho, outpatient, social, tirr