Electronics Engineering Manager, Command and Data Handling
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company at Littleton, CO
? The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Join us as the Command and Data Handling (C&DH) System Manager
responsible for defining and maintaining standard Space Command and Data Handling (C&DH) Electronics Architectures for the Raptor Electronics Satellite Platform. Perform analysis to size spacecraft C&DH subsystem. Have knowledge of logical network architectures. Understanding of legacy, current and emerging internal and external data bus technologies and architectures. Perform aspects of personnel management. Make architecture level decisions for the Raptor avionics suite. Coordinate with all programs baselining or have a potential usage for Raptor. Provide regular briefings on Raptor progress. Manage budgets / financials. Coordinate staffing needs with other organizations.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
• Responsible for technical leadership, staffing, skill development, staffing planning, budgets and schedules in support of programs for all lines of business.
• Formal project management with earned value metrics.
• Lead training, and career development of the staff.
• Support new business proposals with the generation of BOE estimates.
• Manage IRAD and establish investment strategies.
• Lead and coordinate technical design changes.
• Conduct and support design reviews, Engineering Material Review Board (EMRB) hardware discrepancy decisions and Failure Review Board(FRB) as required.
• Resolve test anomalies and troubleshooting, and generation, review and presentation of Product Certification, and also support system level testing.
• Assess risk and identify mitigation plans to meet productivity, quality, cost, schedule, and mission success objectives.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
• Have a project lead track record of success in meeting technical, schedule, and cost objective is desired.
• Have knowledge of satellite power subsystems.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with personnel of various skill levels, technical backgrounds, management, and customers.
• Previously worked on integrated product teams.
• Enjoy working in a manufacturing and test environment with hands-on hardware interaction.
YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE:
• 10+ years
of professional experience for this role.
• This position requires US Citizenship
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Embedded design and/or circuit card design experience.
• Experience on a development program for high-reliability electronics.
• Demonstrated leadership of technical teams.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance thus you are a US Citizen. Desired Skills:
• Proficient knowledge of SSC CCA and PCB Design process.
• Component / Unit level manufacturing & testing experience.
• Project Leadership/Management Experience throughout the engineering life cycle: scoping, sizing, cost estimation, planning, scheduling, staffing, tracking.
• Preparation for and participation in major program design reviews (PDR, CDR).
• Experience in presentation, oral and written communication to facilitate effective and efficient interchanges employees, co-workers, leaders, and customers.
• Current or past CPE assignment with experience in the development and Acceptance Test / Buy-off of end items.
• Worst case analysis experience, including use of tools (i.e. Mathcad, Pspice, etc.).
• Experience with circuit board layout and circuit analysis
• Able to work in a fast paced team environment to meet customer needs.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cost and scheduled constrained environment.
• Ability to estimate major C&DH parameters (I/O quantity and type, overall size, weight, power and cost)
• Ability to support occasional business travel.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...