This position is on the Advanced EHF (AEHF) Mission Planning Element (MPE) Technical Advisor (TA) Team. MPE TA Team members support the integration and operation of the Mission Planning Element (MPE) as part of the protected MILSATCOM mission.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting the 4SOPS Plans branch with Global Scenario development, maintenance, and fielding. Additionally, the candidate will support the Terminal Data Node cell in their support role to STRATCOM and strategic terminal operations.
The candidate is expected to have a general familiarity with the Milstar and Advanced EHF Military Satellite Communication system. Further, a general familiarity with MPE software applications and their functions, and the ability to apply this knowledge as part of daily interactions with the customer, broad based MPE Users, MPE Help Desk technicians, and MPE software developers.
The candidate will support the government customer with downstream products which may include: the delivery of formal Global Scenario databases, development of payload tables, terminal image products, trending and adhoc reports and databases, incremental software and terminal operation testing, and mission operations.
Additionally, this position offers engineering solutions in response to MPE Help Desk calls. The candidate must work closely with team members in a dynamic and flexible environment.
* DoD Secret Clearance
* Ability to interact effectively with government customers
* Ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.